Clarity Hospice services
Clarity Hospice was established to provide home care for terminally ill patients. Our care is focused on patient comfort and symptom management.
Clarity Hospice provides four levels of care
- Routine Care: Care received in patients’ homes, nursing facilities, residential or assisted living facilities.
- Continuous Home Care: During a crisis, this level of care places a nurse or hospice staff member in patients’ residences continuously for short periods of time.
- General Inpatient Care: Inpatient care in a facility for pain control or acute or chronic symptom management which cannot be managed in the home.
- Inpatient Respite Care: Allows patients to spend up to five days in a nursing home facility or hospital to relieve the family for a short period. This level of care must be arranged by Clarity Hospice.
Clarity Hospice offers the following services…
- Medical care by the patients’ attending physician
- Nursing Services
- Social Work
- Pastoral Care
- Therapies as prescribed by physicians
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Nurses on Call 24 hours a day
- Payments for durable medical equipment, supplies, drugs, and biologicals that are related to the terminal illness and are a part of the hospice Plan of Care
Who pays for hospice care?
Reimbursement for services may come from Medicare, Medicaid, VA, Private Insurance or other sources.
Clarity Hospice will never bill a patient
If a patient does not have medicare, medicaid, or private insurance, Clarity Hospice will take responsibility for that patients’ needs related to the terminal illness for which they are admitted.